Monday 14 June 2010


As we are coming to the end of the two year course we have been given the chance to go back into projects to improve our work and grades that we had achieved previously.  As one of the projects we had done in the first year we did a Retro Poster project.  For my original project I had used a punk theme to advertise for Rimmel London make up...in the actual project I had created a Shepherd Fairey inspired poster to advertise Smirnoff (like the Obama 'Obey' Poster).  Babs had thought that this idea was a good one to develop for the end of year show and to boost my Retro Poster project grade.  
I then agreed to recreate the poster and create it in a Russian Soviet style, thats why I used the style of type I have and the effects I have. 
Over all I am very pleased with this outcome and quite like the effect its given the poster, it works well for Smirnoff Vodka as it is a Russian product so the Soviet theme is a very good one to use to advertise it. 
As I mentioned this piece has been used in the end of year final show, one of my three pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment